Купить Virtual Desktop
Today’s update contains a head lock option for the screen, a few additional keyboard shortcuts for the video player and some bug fixes.
- The new Head Lock option will make the screen follow your head’s position and orientation; this is useful to play 2D games that include head tracking. It is also useful when watching movies in a resting position. The screen transparency option has also been removed as this is no longer supported in Windows 10 Creators Update.
Let me know if you experience any issues with this update.
Today’s update adds support for HDR (High-Dynamic-Range) environments and enhances the image quality for both Rift and Vive users through improvements to the SRGB pipeline.
This update adds 2 free HDR environments: Space Sky which is a high quality Cubemap and Home Cinema, a rich and polished model environment which is perfect for watching movies.
The behavior of the close button (X in the upper right) was changed to exit the app and a minimize button with an option to minimize to tray was added.
This update also contains a workaround for a Steam bug that considered the app as still running after exit and prevented you from re-launching it in VR.
It also includes a fix for the video player sometimes crashing with Windows 10 Creators Update.
Update 1.3.1 fixes a brightness issue with stereoscopic 360 photos and a bug with SBS/OU mode in theater environments.
“These are the kinds of programs that change the way people look at technology. In this case, it’s a program that, for some people, might actually make virtual reality a enjoyable, even practical, replacement for their monitor.”
“It’s an incredibly polished app that take minimal resources to provide a number of functions that feel like they should be a standardised part of the VR experience coming to consumer homes.”
“This is the first program you should buy for your Oculus Rift”
Update 1.1 Adds Multi-GPU and Optimus Laptop support
The latest version now works with Multi-GPU configurations and laptops. Check the release notes for more information.
Update 1.0.7 is now live!
This version fixes some compatibility issues with the upcoming Oculus 1.7 runtime and contains stability improvements when swapping in and out of VR games such as Assetto Corsa. It also attempts to fix some stutter issues with the HTC Vive introduced in a recent SteamVR update.
Update 1.0.6 is now live!
This update adds support for animated environments. The Solar System is the first environment using the new functionality. The update also fixes an issue with the Video Player not showing some options on some computers. It also changes some default options: MSAA and Xbox Controller are now disabled by default.
Update 1.0.5 is now live!
This release fixes SBS support on ultra-wide (21:9) monitors and Over-Under on regular (4:3) monitors. It also fixes an issue where the GPU usage could spike when the application was idle with the Rift.
Update 1.0.4 is now live!
This update adds a couple requested features and basic support for various controllers.
- Added support for rotated monitors (aka portrait orientation)
- Added new Mip Mapping option for Rift users which greatly reduces text aliasing on screen
- Added basic mouse emulation with Vive touchpads
- Added basic mouse emulation with Xbox controller and Oculus Remote for Rift users
- Fixed crash with Over Under option in some environments
- Reduced CPU usage and fixed leak when application is idle with Rift
Update 1.0.3 is now live!
This update adds more 3D viewing options, new MSAA settings and some minor fixes:
- Simplified 3D / SBS Options panel
- Added support for Over-Under 3D movies
- Added support for inverted Left-Right eyes for SBS and OU movies
- Improved performance when playing full screen 2D games
- Added MSAA toggle and slider
Update 1.0.2 is now live!
This update adds a new Environment Store along with small improvements and bug fixes:
- New Environment Store which allows artists to create and sell high quality environments. With the launch, 3 very cool environments created by community members are available:
- Rick’s Garage
- Cerebral Theater
Purchased environments will also be available from the Oculus Home version if you have a Rift but you will need to run Virtual Desktop on Steam first after you’ve made your purchase. Note: The store only works with Chrome at the moment.
- Added ability to delete photos directly from the 360 Photos tab
- Fixed issue with subscribed workshop environments not loading when VRD is installed in a non-default location
- Fixed certificate issue with some users when pasting YouTube 360 videos
- Fixed black screen in home theater when multi-monitor was enabled
Update 1.0.1 is now live!
This update adds Steam Workshop integration along with many improvements and bug fixes:
- Steam Workshop integration (Steam will need to run for new environments to be downloaded)
- Increased process priority to help with framerates and audio glitches when running games
- Executables are now signed which should solve the issues with Anti-Virus software
- Added a Force OpenVR option for Rift users (using OpenVR doesn’t bring much value at the moment)
- Vive controllers will now appear at the right position when the Floating option is checked
- The 360 video Open Dialog will now restore the last directory
Virtual Desktop is now available to Play!
If you encounter any issues, please let me know in the discussions section.
The Workshop integration is partially there: you can create and submit your own environments, users will be able to download them in a future update.
Об этом ПО
Virtual Desktop is an application developed for the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive that lets you use your computer in VR. You can browse the web, watch movies, Netflix or even play games on a giant virtual screen.
Other features include:
- Hardware accelerated 360 video playback
- Ability to play/stream YouTube 360 videos
- Browse and view 360 photos
- MilkDrop support for music visualization
- 3D Side-By-Side video support
- Game launcher with voice commands
- Environment Editor to create custom environments
- Steam Workshop integration for environments
- ОС: Windows 8.x or Windows 10
- Процессор: i5-2500k
- Оперативная память: 4 GB ОЗУ
- Видеокарта: NVidia GTX 640 or 980M or ATI HD 7000/Rx 200
- DirectX: Версии 11
- Место на диске: 700 MB
- Дополнительно: Windows 7 is not supported. If you are using a Windows ‘N’ edition, you will need to install the Media Feature Pack.