Kansas City Finance

Dec 31 2017

Spouses and Dependents – Veterans Support Center – The University of Utah

#military #spouse #education #assistance


Spouses and Dependents


Military Career Advancement Account (MyCAA)

MyCAA (Military Spouse Career Advancement Account) is a program for military spouses and can help cover the costs — up to $4,000 — if you are seeking a professional associate’s degree or a license or credential. There are restrictions, so visit MyCAA online for details.

Scholarships Database on Military.com

Find college scholarships specifically for military spouses at Military.com’s site. Click on “Education,” then on “Find Scholarships” then under “military status” highlight “spouse.”

The Post-9/11 GI Bill may be transferable to military spouses or other eligible dependents under certain circumstances. If your spouse is eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill, visit the GI Bill site for more information.

Survivors Dependents Assistance (DEA)

Dependents’ Educational Assistance provides up to 45 months education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of certain veterans. These benefits may be used for degree and certificate programs, apprenticeship, and on-the-job training. For full eligibility and application details, see http://gibill.va.gov/benefits/other_programs/dea.html

The Joanne Holbrook Patton Military Spouse Scholarships

The Joanne Holbrook Patton Military Spouse Scholarships are awarded to spouses of all Uniformed Services members. May be used toward: GED or ESL, Vocational training, Professional certification, Post-secondary, Graduate school, In-class or on-line, Full-time or part-time. Selection is based on completion of short answer and essay survey questions.

Many military spouses qualify for Pell Grants to complete undergraduate degrees. Unlike loans, Pell Grants are federal financial aid funds that do not have to be paid back.

Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans

Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans are federal loans at low interest rates that do need to be paid back. Payments can be deferred until shortly after graduation.

University of Utah Scholarships

The U offers a database and application process for a wide variety of scholarships for incoming freshmen, transfer students, and current students.


General Henry H. Arnold Education Grant Program

General Henery H. Arnold Eduaction Program is a needs based grant providing $2,000 to full-time college undergraduates who are dependent children of active, Title 10 and Title 32 AGR, retired, and deceased Air Force members, or spouses of active duty members stationed stateside only, and surviving spouses of deceased Air Force members.


The Spouse Education Assistance Program (SEAP)

The Spouse Education Assistance Program is for spouses of active duty and retired Soldiers, and widows(ers) of Soldiers who died either on active duty or in a retired status. Special restrictions apply for National Guard and Reserves. Up to $2,500 per year.


Anchor Scholarship Foundation

Anchor Scholarship Foundation offers $500 scholarships to dependents of active duty or retired personnel who served in commands under the administrative control of Commanders, Naval Surface Forces, U.S. Atlantic or Pacific Fleets for a minimum of six years after 1975. The six years need not be consecutive.

Bowfin Memorial Scholarship

Bowfin Memorial Scholarchip provides monetary assistance to submariners and their families as continuing education and academic scholarships.

Navy League Foundation

Navy League Foundation provides financial assistance to the dependents and direct descendants of Sea Service personnel for college and university expenses. Currently offers 25 endowed scholarships four years at $2,500 per year.

The Naval Special Warfare (NSW) Foundation

The Naval Special Warfare Foundation offers several scholarships for dependent children and spouses of active duty SEALs or SWCC (Special Warfare Combatant Crewmen) and other active duty military personnel currently serving in NSW commands.

Navy Supply Corps Foundation Scholarship

Naval Supply Corps Foundation Scholarship provides financial assistance to family members (child, grandchild, or spouse) of a qualifying Navy Supply Corps officer or supply enlisted member (active duty, reservist, retired, or prior service) for undergraduate studies at an accredited two- or four-year postsecondary school institution.


NMCRS Gold Star Scholarship Programs

NMCRS Gold Star Scholarship Porgrams are offered to unremarried Navy and Marine Corps spouses and children (under age of 23) of a service member who died while serving on active duty or after retirement and) of a Sailor or Marine who died while serving on active duty or after retirement.

Joseph A. McAlinden Divers Scholarship Program

Joseph A. McAlinden Divers Scholarship Program is a $500 to $3000 per year scholarship offered to spouses and children (under the age of 23) of active duty or retired Navy or Marine Corps qualified divers.

Vice Admiral E. P. Travers Loan Program

Vice Admiral E. P. Travers Loan Program needs based no interest loan range from $500 to $3,000 per academic year.


Fleet Reserve Association Scholarships

Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard personnel and their families are eligible for FRA Education Foundation scholarships. Visit Website for more information.

Naval Officers’ Spouses’ Association (NOSA) of Mayport Scholarship

Naval Officers’ Spouses Association of Mayport Scholarship offers various awards to dependents of active duty or retired Navy, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard service members who have served at least one tour of duty (or currently serve) at Naval Station Mayport or the former Naval Air Station Mayport.

Naval Officers’ Spouses’ Club (NOSC) of San Diego, Inc. Scholarship


The Department of Education maintains a list of scholarships available to Veterans, Spouses and Dependents.

Written by admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *