Home About Services Child / Adolescent Counseling
Safe Harbor Christian Counseling
CHILD / ADOLESCENT SERVICES
- Social Skills/ Peer Relations
- School Based Problems
- Conduct Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Developmental Issues
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety/ Stress
- Bipolar Disorder
- Self Esteem Issues
- Grief and Loss
- Anxiety (general)
- Anger issues
- Blended Family Issues
- Conflict Resolution
- Families in Crisis
- Test Anxiety
- Character Building (anti bullying)
CHILD / ADOLESCENT PRACTICE PHILOSOPHY
We exist to provide outpatient treatment for children, adolescents, and families that is developmentally appropriate, relationally based, and clinically excellent.
Safe Harbor counselors operate with sensitivity and compassionate understanding regarding the vulnerability of your child. We diligently aim to gain the trust of children though creative relationship building.
Our counselors are trained to specifically focus on the unique needs of children and adolescents in order to help them grow emotionally, socially, mentally, and spiritually.
Child Counseling Practice
Our child, adolescent, and family specialists utilize a variety of treatment interventions to include play therapy, individual, and family counseling.
Our Clinicians offer:
- Developmentally appropriate interventions
- Solution focused treatment
- Clinically sound assessments
- Collaborative treatment planning
- Relevant goal setting
- Relationally based therapy
- Interventions which are strategically chosen
ADDITIONAL SERVICES PROVIDED
In-home Consultation Services (for Mid PA)
This in-home consutation service costs $750 and includes:
- 2 hours of interviewing significant adults across key settings of child.
- 6 hours of observing child in key settings.
- 1 hour presenting recommendations for child/family system.
- 1 hour follow-up session one month later to assess needs.
School Based Services
We provide counselors to work on site at schools to provide ongoing counseling to students in need of services including individual and group sessions.
Crisis intervention: we supply counselors to schools to help students in the event of a crisis that may arise such as violence or natural disasters.
- Court Ordered Services
- Children of Divorce Groups
- Parenting Classes
- Custody/Visitation Evaluations
- Custody Mediation Services
Home Studies for Adoption
Provides comprehensive assessment required by adoption agencies
Assessment includes interview with family and written report with recommendations
Service can be delivered in a timely manner
Training/ Educational Services
- In house services for schools, churches, community groups, etc:
- Team building and leadership development for teachers and school administration personnel
- Parenting presentations
- In-services on relevant mental health topics such as self injurious behavior, self esteem, communication skills, and conflict resolution
Children often have difficulty expressing how they feel, or even knowing how they feel. Creative self-expression offers them an outlet through images, stories, and metaphors.
Art Therapy is an effective treatment option for most mental health issues. We can help ages 4-18 and families. Read more about art therapy
Is your child
- Experiencing difficulty assimilating into their school setting?
- Having trouble “getting along” with other children?
- Getting angry too often and too easily?
- Acting disrespectful or defiant?
- Struggling with a short attention span or diagnoses with ADHD?
- In distress due to divorce or other family problems?
- Experiencing grief from a death or other loss?
- Lacking in self-confidence or having low self esteem?
- Excessively clingy or shy?
- Having nightmares or wetting the bed?
- Suffering from the effects of something traumatic that happened to them?
- A topic of stress, anxiety, or anger for you?
We can help. We can help you understand your children and we can help them thrive. Depending on the age of your child and the situation, our counselors will use a variety of approaches including play therapy, individual therapy, individual therapy, family therapy, or a mixture of interventions. Our professional training and desire to help children gives us a window into the hearts of young people.