LBNL’s Network Research Group
- Sally Floyd (now at ICIR )
- Craig Leres
- Vern Paxson (now primarily at ICIR )
- Van Jacobson (at PARC )
- Kevin Fall (now at Intel Research in Berkeley)
- Steven McCanne (now at Riverbed )
But don’t worry, all of the old email addresses will still work.
Network Research Group documents include:
Software Packages via anonymous ftp:
MBONE tools: We have developed several multiparty conferencing tools and protocols based on the lightweight IP Multicast delivery model:
- vat . the audio conferencing tool;
- vic . the video conferencing tool;
- wb . the shared whiteboard; and
- sd . the session announcement tool.
Network tools include:
- tcpdump . the protocol packet capture and dumper program;
- libpcap . the Packet Capture library;
- arpwatch . the ethernet monitor program; for keeping track of ethernet/ip address pairings,
- traceroute for printing the route packets take to a network host, and
- pathchar for inferring the characteristics of Internet paths.
Other software packages include
- bpf . the Berkeley Packet Filter;
- cslip . the compressed serial line IP package;
- and others available via anonymous ftp from our anonymous ftp server.
Research projects with their own web pages include:
Past research projects with their own web pages:
- We maintain the Internet Traffic Archive . which includes some of our traces of network traffic.
Directions to LBNL and to the NRG offices.
Copyright notice included on the source files for most of our software.