Car Rental in Europe Made Easy
Sixt rent a car is one of the largest European car rental companies, founded in Germany in 1912 and expanding ever since. Our motto is premium cars at economy rates, you will be able to see our quality service and vehicles at thousands of locations all over Europe. Sixt offers a wide range of rental car service in Europe to make sure you have the right vehicle for your next trip. You can guarantee automatic transmission, so that you don’t have to worry too much about driving in a new country!
Renting a car in Europe: important information
- Payment methods: We accept all the major international credit cards (for example VISA, Mastercard, American Express). However, limitations and/or additional payment methods may occur in certain regions or stations. You can find more information on our accepted payment methods by reading our car rental agreements here.
- 24 Hour Return and One Way Car Rental: You can book your rental car and arrange its pickup directly at our airport locations or at our downtown locations. Many of our locations offer 24 hour dropoff and you can always change your reservation by choosing a different pickup or drop-off station, depending on your needs.
- Protection: For your comfort and your security, we are glad to provide a complete protection coverage for your rental. However, you can always add a higher coverage any time before the pick-up date or directly at the branch. Additional costs may apply.
- Cross Border Travel: With Sixt, you can have a European road trip, as it is possible to travel across borders with your rental car. Remember, a one-way car rental fee may be applied, unless specified in the reservation process. Other limitations may apply when crossing borders with a specific car rental category. Our branch managers will be happy to assist you with all the questions you may have at the pickup. You can find more information about our one-way fee and border crossing restrictions by clicking here.
- Special Offers: Prior to your booking, have a look at our latest car rental deals and plan your European road trip right now.
Driving tips in Europe
Renting a car in Europe is easier than it seems. However, it is always necessary to own an international driving license, a valid passport and an accepted payment method before completing a car rental, some countries have different regulations in terms of driving. You may find these below, divided by country and type of trip.
Find a Sixt rent a car location near you in Europe
Your next rental car is closer than you think. We are happy to assist you with a superior customer service and by offering one of the best car rental fleets in the world. Pick the country in which you are located and discover our car rental branches near you.