Wireless Home Alarm System Prices
Nearly one-quarter of all property crimes in the United States are burglaries. Of these, more than 60 percent involve forced entry. Because most burglaries occur during the day, when fewer people are around, it’s important to have an extra set of eyes and ears watching over your residence. To protect your property, valuables, and loved ones, consider protecting them with a home wireless alarm system.
Overview and Benefits of Wireless Home Security Systems
One of the newest and hottest trends in home security is wireless systems. It is important to understand that “wireless” does not refer to how an alarm signal is transmitted to the central monitoring station. Rather, it means that the system uses wireless detection components such as motion sensors, glass break sensors, and window and door contacts. In comparison, a hardwired system has a wire leading to all motion sensors, windows, doors, and other detection components.
From a homeowner’s perspective, home security wireless systems have a number of benefits:
- Save time and money on installation: A hardwired home alarm system typically is not a do-it-yourself project, as it requires drilling, running wires, testing circuits, and other skills that may demand professional assistance at greater cost. Installing a wireless security system, on the other hand, is a relatively quick and easy DIY project.
- Easy to expand and transport: Unlike hardwired alarm systems, a wireless alarm system can easily incorporate new zones across a virtually unlimited area, plus you can take the whole system with you if you move.
- Maximum security: Another advantage to going wireless is that burglars cannot cut wires and bypass the alarm.
- No reliance on your home’s electricity or phone line: Although most traditional systems offer a backup battery, this is more limited than a wireless system that operates on powerful, reliable batteries. And because many wireless home alarm systems use cellular notification for monitoring, the authorities can be contacted even if the power goes out or the phone line is cut.
Interested in a wireless home security system to protect your family? We can connect you to the best home security companies in your area. Simply fill out our short form and receive free price quotes from multiple home security companies. No obligation to purchase.
Wireless Home Alarm Systems Prices
If a wireless alarm system sounds right for your home keep reading to find out how much you can expect to pay.
If you’re going with professional installation, there will be an initial up-front cost plus monthly fees if you purchase a monitored system. Some companies offer specials whereby free or discounted installation is provided in exchange for a long term-contract.
- The installation cost of a typical wireless system for an average-sized home consisting of a control panel, window and door sensors, battery backup, a motion detector, window decals and yard sign costs anywhere from $50 to $2,000+.
- Monitoring fees will cost an additional $15 to $50 per month.
- Add-ons such as additional door/window sensors, motion detectors, glass break sensors, and even protection from smoke, carbon monoxide, water, and other hazards can be added on for approximately $50-$200 apiece.
- You could also purchase professional components directly and install them yourself for a fraction of the price.
For a DIY wireless home security system, you can spend as little as $100 or less and up to $1,000 or more.
- A very basic kit that includes a keypad, door/window sensor, motion detector, alarm, panic button, and more cost around $50.
- For roughly $250 you can buy an all-in one wireless home alarm system with 3 contacts, motion sensor, transformer, backup battery, keypad, controller, keypad, receiver, and more.
- A more professional Honeywell setup with 10 wireless transmitters, a motion sensor, keypad, battery, and more costs approximately $500.
Use Our Free Service and Find Home Security System Companies Near You
Prices for US only including:
Serving Top US Cities:
2016 CostOwl.com. All rights reserved. | Contact Us